From Traffic Manager: President Edition
Revision as of 23:52, 24 July 2017 by Victor $7
With the Junction restrictions tool you can set up certain rules governing vehicle behavior at selected junctions. These options are:
- Allow/disallow lane changing for vehicles going straight: By default, vehicles stay on their lane while crossing the junction. By activating this option, you allow vehicles going straight (that means they neither turn left nor right) to change lanes while crossing the junction.
- Allow/disallow u-turns: If activated, vehicles approaching the junction from the selected segment may turn around. U-turns are only performed on lanes having a left arrow (right-hand traffic) / right arrow (left-hand traffic)
- Allow/disallow vehicles to enter a blocked junction: This option is useful e.g. if the next road segment after a junction is very short. Without activating this option, vehicles do not enter the junction if the road behind it is blocked. By activating this option you disable this check. Vehicles will then enter the junction even if the road behind is blocked by traffic.
- Allow/disallow pedestrians to cross the street: By default, pedestrians may cross the road at every junction. This tool allows you to prohibit them from doing so. Note that this tool does not actually remove the crosswalk texture since this is technically not possible.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the button.
- Click on the button.
- Click on the junction that you want to manage.
- Click on the appropriate icon to enable/disable one of the features described above.
The choices explained above are depicted by following symbols:
|Allow/disallow lane changing for vehicles going straight|
|Allow/disallow vehicles to enter a blocked junction|
|Allow/disallow pedestrians to cross the street|
Hints & remarks
- All settings except the third one (allow vehicles to enter a blocked junction) affect newly spawned vehicles/pedestrians only unless the appropriate option is activated (see section Options & advanced features for further information). This means it may take some minutes before all vehicles and pedestrians correctly obey your set restrictions.
- When you create a u-turn connection with the lane connector tool u-turns are automatically allowed at the respecting road segment. Clicking on the symbol does not have any effect in this case. You need to remove the u-turn lane connection first in order to disallow u-turns at the segment.
Share your opinion